Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 1 of ????

I can barely type right now because my arms are killing me!!! I just started Day 1 of my 10 week, 5 day a week, body sculpt boot camp with mkgseattle. I am the oldest one in the class and the biggest! But, I've been here before - I took the class in January of 2007 and I loved it! Oh, it's grueling, and no one wants to be my partner because I'm old and fat, but dammit, I have a right to be there and even though I am the type of person who doesn't like to go it alone, I will give myself the pep talk every day that I'm not there to make friends, I'm there to kick some ass. I can't wait to get to the point where I start feeling stronger. I'm actually the exact same weight I was when I ended the class last time, which I guess it's a good thing I haven't gained any weight. It has redistributed though, I guess that's what happens when you hit 40. At any rate, my goal is simple, I cannot be friends with Lane Bryant any more. I know she's been good to me, she's always there, got my back, but she's NEEDY! She's like one of those mothers that fixes everything with cookies and then guilts you when you want to spend time with some of your other friends instead of tending to dear old mom. I want to be friends with the clothes on Days - they are sassy and sexy!

The funny thing about this time around is the class isn't as big as last time and there are more men. Which means butt-kicking for me when we partner up. Tonight we put on our gloves and worked the bags. I love that part, 30 seconds of jab cross hook cross, 30 seconds of squats, 30 seconds of jab cross hook cross, 30 seconds of push-ups - it's good to be back!

2 comments:

WSU Laura said...

I think you are pretty sassy lady! That sounds like an awesome class and the next time I want to join you. Pinky promise!

Timi said...

YOU GO WITH YOUR BAD SELF!
Good for you for doing something. I"ll try to be a better friend and help you cut the apron strings from Mother Lane!
Welcome back!